- They visit 50 to 100 flowers during a single collection trip
- They can fly for up to six miles to collect food (nectar and pollen) and can fly up to 15 mph
- They are the only insect that produces food eaten by man
- On average, 1 honey bee makes only 1/12 of a teaspoon of honey in its lifetime
- One pound of honey equals 90,000 miles of trips made by bees (three times around the globe)
- Bees communicate through scent and dance!
- Beekeeping can be traced back to 13,000 B.C, that is how early we discovered their importance
Balancing my Christian upbringing with my progressive social views.